Knitting and Knots
Last updated: January 2021
At Knitting and Knots, we are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. This privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”) sets out how we use data relating to you and applies to all use of your personal data by Knitting and Knots. (“Knitting and Knots”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through our website available at www.knittingandknots.co.uk the “Online Service”) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this Policy and we will only use information collected about you in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018. Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the personal data that you provide when using our Online Service, we are the “data controller” for the purposes of the GDPR.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including where your personal data is being processed for direct marketing purposes. Further information on this right, and your other rights, is set out below.
If you have any concerns over privacy, or this Policy contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The table below explains what data we collect, how we use it, and which recipients it might be shared with.
|Your data||How we use it||Recipients|
|Customer information (information provided by you when creating a customer account on the Online Service or signing up to our newsletter)NameUsername and passwordContact details (email, address, phone number)||We process this information in accordance with the terms of our contract with you (we need your information to setup your account and provide services to you).Where you have consented, or where it is otherwise lawful for us to do so (such as in pursuit of our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services) we may use this information to send you our newsletter and emails in order to keep you informed with news and updates about our Online Service.||We use WooCommerce (https://woocommerce.com/privacy%20policy/#) to host our Online Service.We use Mailchimp to send you our newsletter and emails about our Online Service.|
|Order information (information about your orders provided by you to our payment processors when making an order on the Online Service)NameContact details (email, address, phone number)Billing information||We process this information in accordance with the terms of our contract with you (we need your contact details and billing information to process your orders).||We use WooCommerce (https://woocommerce.com/privacy%20policy/#) to host our Online Service.This information is provided by customers to our payment processor WooCommerce.|
|Support / enquiry information (information we receive when you get in touch with us for support)NameContact details (email, address, phone number)Other personal data you send to us||We process this information either in accordance with the terms of our contract with you (where we need this information to provide our services to you) or in pursuit of our legitimate interests in responding to your enquiry and in order to improve our services.||Where your enquiries necessitate contact with the manufacturer of certain elements of our product line, we may put you in touch directly with, or share your queries with, Knitting and Knots.|
|Online Service analytics (collected from your device and interaction with our Online Service)How often you use our Online ServiceWhich webpages/application screens you go to and which features you useYour IP address, and device identifiers communicated by your deviceDevice and browser operating system, version, make and model||This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of understanding how you use the Online Service so we might identify problems, and improve the Online Service.To the extent that our analytics depends on storing or accessing non-essential cookies or other information on or from your device, we will obtain your consent.||We use Google Analytics (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245) & WooCommerce Analytics (https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-cookies/) to help us understand how our services are used.Analytics cookies and anonymous identifiers may be used to conduct analytics on your visit to the Online Service, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data.|
|Feedback / review information (any information or content you submit to us via the Online Service such as images, reviews, comments and other information concerning your use of the Online Service and your orders)||We process this information either in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you (such as in respect of providing feedback or review services) or in pursuit of our legitimate interests in responding to your enquiries and in order to improve or deliver our products or services.||We use WooCommerce (https://woocommerce.com/privacy%20policy/#) to host our Online Service.|
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You have certain rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest, in response to any requests submitted by you to us:
- for a copy of personal data we are processing about you and/or to have inaccuracies corrected;
- to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- for a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. You may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- To make a request in relation to any of the aforementioned rights, please send your request to email@example.com
- You may request deletion of your account via the Online Service or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal data after you delete your account but not in any manner that would identify you personally.
- There may be circumstances where we will ask you for your prior consent in respect of our use of your personal data for direct marketing. Where we rely upon your consent to do this activity, you can withdraw your consent at any time upon email to email@example.com. We hope that you would like to receive our updates, but we do not want to send you emails that are not of interest for you. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list please let us know by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive from us.
Last updated: January 2021
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|Cookie||Duration||Purpose/ Third Party Access|
|Google Analytics||180 days||This cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our Online Service. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our Online Service. The cookies collect information on the number of visitors to the Online Service, where visitors have come to the Online Service from and the webpages or app screens they visited. We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information.Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data here.|
|Authentication||During your session||To log you into our Online Service and keep you logged in, and to ensure that your shopping basket stays full when you move from page to page.|
|Preferences||One month||To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration.|
|WooCommerce||WooCommerce will also place certain analytics cookies on your device in order to enable the operation of our storefront, and for the purposes of collecting information about how visitors use our Online Service. More information about these cookies is available online here:https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-cookies/|
HOW DO I CHANGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome (here)
- Microsoft Edge (here)
- Mozilla Firefox (here)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (here)
- Opera (here)
- Apple Safari (here)
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.